As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn a commission when you buy through other links on my site. Learn more.
Table of Contents: Buying Original Photography Online
- Quick List:
- A More Detailed List:
Quick List: Buy Original Photography Online (Top 4 Sites)
First, let’s start with a list that quickly describes the best sites to buy original photography online. After that, I’ll describe each site in greater detail.
Click here to see the #1 TRENDING PLACE to buy original photography online – updated daily!
Please Note: The art sites below are not listed in any particular order.
|Etsy||$||Worldwide Marketplace||Best Site for People Who Want To Buy Affordable Art Directly From Artists.|
|Amazon Handmade||$||Worldwide Marketplace||Best Site for People Who Love & Trust Amazon.|
|Saatchi Art||$$$$||Worldwide Marketplace||Best Site for People Who Want To Learn How To Invest in Original Art.|
|Artfinder||$$$$||Worldwide Marketplace||Best Site for People Who Want To Invest in Original Art.|
A More Detailed List: Buy Original Photography Online
Etsy is an American-based company. This place provides a fun way for people to buy vintage and homemade products online from around the world.
Not only will you find a variety of inexpensive, original photographs from artists worldwide, but you’ll also find handmade and vintage jewelry & accessories, wall art, clothing, home decor, and so much more!
This site is definitely worth checking out, especially if you’re looking for something truly unique.
What I Don’t Like About Etsy
- Not all sellers ship internationally.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold by a new seller, there won’t be any reviews about the seller and the quality of their photographs.
What I Like About Etsy
- You can buy original photos directly from independent artists worldwide!
- They have an amazing online review system. You can read about the quality of the photographs sold and people’s shopping experiences with specific sellers.
- This place has a lot of inexpensive photos ($$ – $$$).
- Etsy’s customer support is also very reliable, and ready to help if a dispute happens between a seller and buyer.
Do you want to support small businesses?
Join 39+ million others who got unique, meaningful items on Etsy!
Every purchase pays a small business!
2. Saatchi Art
About Saatchi Art
One of the most popular places to buy original photographs online is another American-based business, Saatchi Art.
In an effort to duplicate the experience and culture of a traditional gallery, all photos are viewed and categorized by Saatchi Art’s curators.
These curators also look out for original photographs that are particularly remarkable and worth featuring in their catalog.
This website focuses on original paintings & photographs, limited editions, and other original art from artists worldwide.
Saatchi Art also offers a FREE beginner-friendly advisory service to help people interested in investing in art.
What I Don’t Like About Saatchi Art
- Compared to the other places mentioned in this article, the prices are much higher ($$$-$$$$). But, if you want to buy original photographs as an investment, this is definitely the place to go.
- They offer excellent customer service, but shipping is the artists’ responsibility. This is a little problematic because Saatchi Art doesn’t have an online review system where customers can review specific artists on their customer service.
What I Like About Saatchi Art
- They feature a lot of emerging artists that come from all around the world.
- Compared to traditional galleries, the prices are fairly low and the shipping cost is already included in the price of the photographs.
- Professionally curated, I think they’re one of the easiest and most convenient places to invest in art and start a collection. And they’re very helpful to beginner collectors.
- I love that Saatchi Art has a FREE advisory service, which helps you pick out the perfect original photographs for your space and personality.
3. Amazon Handmade
About Amazon Handmade
Amazon Handmade (by Amazon.com) is an online department where artists can sell their original photographs.
But this place sells more than just photos. You can also find handcrafted wall art, jewelry, home décor, clothing, accessories, a handmade gift shop, and so much more!
You can also order art that is “fulfilled by Amazon“. This means that instead of buying directly from artists, Amazon will be responsible for shipping the photographs and the customer service.
What I Don’t Like About Amazon Handmade
- Since this department is still somewhat new, they don’t have as many original photos for sale compared to Etsy.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold directly by a new artist without reviews, it’s hard to trust that you’ll get a high-quality photo with good customer service.
What I Like About Amazon Handmade
- Similar to Etsy, you can buy original photographs directly from independent artists worldwide. But I also like the option to buy photos that are fulfilled by Amazon (a very trusted company).
- This place is also known for its amazing online review system, so even if you order directly from an artist, you’ll know what you’re getting into.
- You’ll find a variety of prices, but most of the original photographs are very low-priced ($$ – $$$).
- Most artists ship worldwide.
- Amazon’s customer support is amazing!
Do you want low prices, free shipping, and convenience?
Join millions of loyal Amazon shoppers who got awesome, affordable stuff on Amazon!
And, last but not least, I want to mention Artfinder.
I’ve never bought original photographs from Artfinder yet, but just like the other websites mentioned on this page, this place is rising in popularity and they have great reviews (and I’m pretty sure one of my friends is addicted to this site).
So, I’ll definitely be looking at reviewing Artfinder someday (hopefully sooner than later).
Artfinder was founded in 2011 and its headquarters are in the UK and the United States. They offer original photography, paintings, sculptures, fine art prints, drawings, and more, directly from independent artists around the world.
So go ahead and buy original photographs online, support independent artists, and (most importantly) HAVE FUN shopping!