Contents: How To Buy Original Art
- How Can I Find Original Art Online?
- How Do You Buy Real Art Even When You’re on a Budget?
- How Do You Buy Art Directly From Artists?
- Is It Safe To Buy Original Art Online?
- Conclusion: How To Buy Original Artwork
How Can I Find Original Art Online?
If you’re looking for amazing one-of-a-kind, original artwork to display in your home or office, the internet is a great place to start.
However, with so many international sites and vendors selling fine art online, it can be overwhelming trying to decide where to begin.
So, here are some tips on how to find the most original pieces while shopping online:
- First, you’ll want to find reputable online art galleries or art auction sites for your purchase. There are a variety of reputable dealers who sell original artwork online around the world. (More on this topic below).
- Ask your friends and family if they know of any artists whose work you might like. Sometimes the best recommendations come from people you know and trust. Most artists have websites where you can order their artwork.
- Take some time to browse through the different, available pieces and see what catches your eye. Once you’ve found a few pieces you like, you need to make sure that the piece is indeed original and not a print or reproduction. Many prints look like originals and are extremely difficult to tell apart. You may have to do some research and ask questions.
- Research what the original artwork is worth, so you can figure out if the piece is valuable or not. Be prepared to pay a higher price for an original work of art.
- It is also important to ask about the shipping costs and insurance before you make a purchase.
- And lastly, always pay by credit card when possible so that you have some protection if there are problems with your purchase.
Websites To Start Buying Original Art
When it comes to finding original paintings online, there are a few websites that stand out from the rest.
Here’s a quick list of my favorite online art galleries where you can find and buy original art:
Saatchi Art is a leading online gallery. Explore the perfect selection of modern paintings, sculptures, limited edition fine art, drawings, and more.
UGallery is an online art gallery that has a range of styles and artwork is shipped directly from artists’ studios. Plus you get free shipping and returns in the contiguous United States.
Artfinder is an online art marketplace where you can original paintings, sculptures, original photography, and more!
Etsy is a great place to shop for original, contemporary art if you’re on a tight budget. You’ll find original paintings on canvas, custom art, vintage pieces, and more.
Many people start their art collections from Singulart. Find original artworks for sale from recognized artists worldwide.
Zatista is an online marketplace that offers original art, acrylic & oil paintings, fine art photography, and so much more! If you want to buy original artwork online, you must check out this site.
Artsy is the world’s largest online art marketplace. Browse 1,000,000+ artworks through the leading art dealers and auction houses. And you can choose to buy art created by iconic or emerging artists. Your options are limitless!
Other Online Art Galleries
For a more complete, detailed list of where art lovers, home decor enthusiasts, and art collectors can buy unique art, check out my post: Original Artwork for Sale Online.
How Do You Buy Real Art Even When You’re on a Budget?
Are you a fan of art, but don’t have the means to pay for expensive pieces? Don’t worry! There are still ways to buy real art without breaking the bank.
Here are some tips on how to buy real art even when you’re on a budget:
- First, start by looking online. There are many websites, like Etsy, that sell original artwork from low-cost artists from all over the world.
- Also, most of these sites that sell original artwork (list) also offer financing options so you can spread out payments over time, making it more affordable.
- You can also check out local galleries or street fairs for unique pieces at an affordable price.
- Lastly, consider buying and framing art prints instead of originals if cost is an issue; these tend to be less expensive and just as beautiful as an original work of art. (You can get great value from places like iCanvas, Redbubble, or Society6.)
How Do You Buy Art Directly From Artists?
In a world where art auctions and curated online art galleries seem to dominate, it’s easy to forget that you can buy original artwork online directly from the artists who create it. But buying art straight from emerging and established artists is not only possible, it’s often the best way to get the pieces you love.
When you buy art from independent artists, you can be sure that you’re getting a piece that is truly one-of-a-kind.
You’ll also have the opportunity to chat with the artist about their work, which can give you a greater appreciation for the piece.
And, of course, buying direct supports artists and helps them continue to create new work.
So how do you buy art from artists? There are a few different ways:
- The most common way is to find an artist’s website and purchase the artwork through their online store. It’s easy to find local artists by going to Google and searching “artists near me”.
- Many artists also sell their work through online galleries, which usually take a commission from each sale.
- Visit sites like Saatchi Art, UGallery, and Etsy. On these sites, you’ll find thousands of emerging artists who sell and ship their handmade artwork from their studios. These are great places for supporting artists, discovering new styles of art, and connecting with the people who make them.
- Finally, some artists sell their work through social media platforms, such as Instagram or Facebook.
When buying art online from artists, it is important to do your research beforehand. Make sure to read reviews of the artist and their work, and view multiple examples of their artwork before making a purchase.
It is also important to ask questions about the piece you are interested in, such as the size, medium, price, shipping & delivery, and return policy.
Is It Safe To Buy Original Art Online?
When it comes to buying original art, the internet can be a scary place.
Besides the obvious of checking the website’s return policy and paying with a credit card for extra protection*, how can you be sure that you’ll get what you’re paying for?
Here are a few things to look for that can help you determine whether or not a piece of art is original and high-quality:
- First, check to see if the artist is represented by a reputable dealer or gallery. If so, you can be assured that the piece is original and museum-quality.
- Check the artist’s website or other online presence. If they have a professional website or gallery, it’s more likely that the artwork you’re looking at is original.
- Inspect the quality of the image. A low-quality image could be a sign that the artwork is a reproduction.
- Compare prices. If the price of the artwork is significantly lower than similar pieces by the same artist. If the price seems too good to be true, then it might not be original since one-of-a-kind pieces are often priced higher.
- If you’re still not sure, ask the seller directly if the piece is an original work of art. They should be able to provide you with proof of authenticity, such as a certificate of authenticity from the artist or gallery.
* If you pay with a credit card, you can dispute the charges if something goes wrong with your purchase.
Conclusion: How To Buy Original Artwork
If you are looking to fill an empty space on a wall or you want to start an affordable art collection, there are a few things you should keep in mind before you find and buy original art online.
- Do your research on the artist and make sure you like their work.
- Find a reputable website or gallery to buy from.
- Be prepared to pay a bit more for original art than you would for a print or reproduction.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the seller questions about the piece before you buy it.
- And finally, enjoy your new piece of original art!
With so many options available, there is sure to be something out there for everyone. So get started on your search today and happy shopping!