Do you want to buy affordable limited edition art for your home or office?
Then you’re definitely in the right place!
Below is a list of the 6 best sites to buy limited editions!
This list is for people who want to buy limited editions prints online from all over the world, no matter where you live! So, it doesn’t matter if you live in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, or wherever!
Please Note: The art sites below are not listed in any particular order.
Founded in the United States, Minted is known for its beautifully designed invitations and stationery. But they also offer limited edition framed/unframed prints and limited edition canvas prints as well!
Minted is one of the most interesting American companies I’ve come across in awhile.
One of the most interesting aspects of this website is that they hold regular design contests that are open for ANYONE to submit their work. And then anyone, INCLUDING YOU, can act as a judge and rate the artists’ submissions on Minted (opens in new window)!
Minted is basically using consumer votes to help predict the next best-seller!
Not only do winning artists win a cash prize, but then they keep earning royalties from the sales of their designs on Minted.com.
More than 2,000 designs are submitted by artists to Minted every week. So start voting or browse the site to find limited edition art that you love!
- I love their curated/crowdsourcing business model. The consumers decide which designs are featured on Minted.com! How cool is that?
- I love that they have a page with a list of all their active coupon codes. I especially love the FREE shipping and returns (this specific promotion is for within the United States only).
- You can text a photo of your wall or room
- Minted is in charge of manufacturing, shipping, and customer service.
- I seriously can’t think of any cons when it comes to Minted’s limited editions prints.
2. Saatchi Art
About Saatchi Art
Another American-based business that I just love to shop for limited edition art is Saatchi Art.
In an effort to duplicate the experience and culture of a traditional gallery, all pieces are viewed and categorized by the Saatchi Art’s curators.
These curators also look out for pieces that are particularly remarkable and worth featuring in their catalog.
This website focuses on original art and limited editions from artists worldwide.
Saatchi Art also offers a FREE beginner-friendly advisory service (opens in new window) to help people interested in investing in limited editions.
- They feature a lot of emerging artists that come from all around the world.
- Compared to traditional galleries, the prices are fairly low and the shipping cost is already included in the price of the artwork.
- Professionally curated, I think they’re one of the easiest and most convenient places to invest in limited editions and start a collection. And they’re very helpful to beginner collectors.
- I love that Saatchi Art has a FREE advisory service (opens in new window), which helps you pick out the perfect piece for your space and personality.
- Compared to the other places mentioned in this article, the prices are much higher ($$$-$$$$). But, if you want to buy art as an investment, this is definitely the place to go.
- They offer excellent customer service, but shipping is the artists’ responsibility. This is a little problematic because Saatchi Art doesn’t have an online review system where customers can review specific artists on their customer service.
Etsy is an American-based company. This place provides a fun way for people to buy vintage and homemade products online from around the world.
Not only will you find a variety of inexpensive limited editions from artists worldwide, you’ll also find handmade and vintage jewelry & accessories, clothing, home décor, and so much more!
This site is definitely worth checking out, especially if you’re looking for limited edition prints that are affordable.
- You can buy limited edition art directly from independent artists worldwide!
- They have an amazing online review system. You can read about the quality of the artwork sold and people’s shopping experiences with specific sellers.
- This place has a lot of inexpensive limited edition prints ($$ – $$$).
- Etsy’s customer support is also very reliable, and ready to help if a dispute happens between a seller and buyer.
- Not all sellers ship internationally.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold by a new seller, there won’t be any reviews about the seller and the quality of limited edition print.
4. Amazon Handmade
About Amazon Handmade
Very similar to Etsy, Amazon Handmade (by Amazon.com) is an online department where artists can sell their art, including limited editions.
But this place sells more than just limited edition prints. You can also find handcrafted jewelry, home décor, kitchen accessories, clothing, accessories, a handmade gift shop, and so much more!
You can also order art that is “fulfilled by Amazon“. This means that instead of buying directly from artists, Amazon will be responsible for shipping the artwork and the customer service.
- Similar to Etsy, you can buy limited edition art directly from independent artists worldwide. But I also like the option to buy items that are fulfilled by Amazon (a very trusted company).
- This place is also known for its amazing online review system, so even if you order directly from an artist, you’ll know what you’re getting into.
- You’ll find a variety of prices, but most of the limited edition prints are very low-priced ($$ – $$$).
- Most artists ship worldwide.
- Amazon’s customer support is amazing!
- Since this department is still somewhat new, they don’t have a lot of limited edition prints for sale compared to Etsy.
- When you find limited edition art you really like, but it’s being sold directly by a new artist without reviews, it’s hard to trust that you’ll get a high-quality piece with good customer service.
I’ve never bought anything from Artfinder and 20×200 yet, but just like the websites mentioned on this page, these places are rising in popularity.
So, I’ll definitely be looking at reviewing Artfinder and 20×200 someday (hopefully sooner than later).
Artfinder(opens in new window) was founded in 2011 and its headquarters are in the UK and the United States. They offer limited editions directly from independent artists around the world.
20×200(opens in new window) was founded in 2007 in the United States. They offer limited edition prints by emerging, established, and legendary artists.
Here’s a quick recap of my top-6 list of best websites to buy limited edition art:
A new-to-me website I’ve recently been visiting to limited edition framed/unframed and canvas prints is Minted(opens in new window). This place a little more expensive than Etsy and Amazon Handmade, but the quality is remarkable and the entire site focuses on customizable prints.
Since it’s a bit more expensive on Saatchi Art(opens in new window), I only purchase art from this website when I’m buying art online as an investment. The prices are more expensive than the other places mentioned in this post, but it’s much cheaper than regular brick and mortar art galleries and very worth the price.
If you’re looking to buy inexpensive limited editions directly from artists from around the world, I would definitely check out Etsy(opens in new window) or Amazon Handmade(opens in new window). These are also the perfect places to buy customized gifts for those who seem to have everything.
So go ahead and buy limited edition art online, support independent artists, and (most importantly) HAVE FUN shopping!
I’ve been obsessed with collecting affordable wall art and other types of artwork for over 12 years.
I also spent 10+ years researching thousands of customer reviews about different products and services from the trendiest and most affordable art sites.
So, I finally decided to combine my research and my own personal shopping experience to make this “Top 6” list of best websites to buy affordable artwork online.