Do you want to buy affordable art for your home or office?
Then you’re definitely in the right place!
Below is a list of the 10 best sites to buy art!
This list is for people who want to buy art online from all over the world, no matter where you live! So, it doesn’t matter if you live in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, or wherever!
Please Note: The art sites below are not listed in any particular order.
Artwork Sold Online:
Paintings, framed and unframed prints, photos, sculptures, drawings, digital art, and more!
Etsy is an American-based company. This place provides a fun way for people to buy vintage and homemade products online from around the world.
Not only will you find a variety of inexpensive art from artists worldwide, you’ll also find handmade and vintage jewelry & accessories, clothing, home décor, and so much more!
This site is definitely worth checking out, especially if you’re looking for something truly unique.
- You can buy directly from independent artists worldwide!
- They have an amazing online review system. You can read about the quality of the artwork sold and people’s shopping experiences with specific sellers.
- This place has a lot of inexpensive artwork ($$ – $$$).
- Etsy’s customer support is also very reliable, and ready to help if a dispute happens between a seller and buyer.
- Not all sellers ship internationally.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold by a new seller, there won’t be any reviews about the seller and the quality of artwork.
Wall Art Sold Online:
Framed / unframed art prints, canvas art, metal prints, photographic prints, posters, and more!
Redbubble is a print-on-demand business. Emerging artists from around the world upload their designs to Redbubble, and then those designs can be printed on over 60 different products.
Items sold include things like wall art, phone cases, laptop skins, laptop sleeves, stickers, greeting cards, home decor, stationery, bags, clothing, and more!
Redbubble is truly a worldwide marketplace. They have a global network of manufacturers and they ship from the United States, the UK, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, and Germany.
- Redbubble is known to have a lot of artwork directed to fans of celebrities, sports teams, tv shows, movies, memes, etc. So if you’re a fan of something or someone, then you should definitely check out this website.
- The artists set the prices, but most of the artwork is very affordable ($ – $$$).
- Redbubble is responsible for international shipping and customer service, and they do not disappoint!
- The sides of the canvas prints are left white (the design doesn’t wrap around).
- Redbubble only has customer reviews for products, but they don’t have reviews for specific designs. Although, sometimes you can see reviews about a particular design in the artists’ comments section.
3. Amazon Handmade
Art Sold Online:
Paintings, framed and unframed art prints, posters, photos, drawings, mixed media, and other handmade art.
About Amazon Handmade
Very similar to Etsy, Amazon Handmade (by Amazon.com) is an online department where artists can sell their art.
But this place sells more than just art. You can also find handcrafted jewelry, home décor, kitchen accessories, clothing, accessories, a handmade gift shop, and so much more!
You can also order art that is “fulfilled by Amazon“. This means that instead of buying directly from artists, Amazon will be responsible for shipping the artwork and the customer service.
- Similar to Etsy, you can buy directly from independent artists worldwide. But I also like the option to buy things that are fulfilled by Amazon (a very trusted company).
- This place is also known for its amazing online review system, so even if you order directly from an artist, you’ll know what you’re getting into.
- You’ll find a variety of prices, but most of the artwork is very low-priced ($$ – $$$).
- Most artists ship worldwide.
- Amazon’s customer support is amazing!
- Since this department is still somewhat new, they don’t have as much art for sale compared to Etsy.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold directly by a new artist without reviews, it’s hard to trust that you’ll get a high-quality piece with good customer service.
Wall Art Sold Online:
Framed and unframed canvas art (1,2, or 3 pieces), and framed art prints.
This American-based business has a well-earned reputation for having very high-quality, curated collections of prints that come with discounted prices.
Seriously! You don’t want to lose out on their great discounts!
If you ever thought “I wish I could hang art on my walls but I can’t afford it”, then you DEFINITELY want to check out iCanvas now!
- You get a lot of bang for your buck. The prices are amazingly cheap, but the quality remains very high. You’ll also usually find amazing discounts on iCanvas.
- They ship internationally but if you’re in the United States you can enjoy FREE shipping.
- iCanvas’ customer support is also excellent and they have countless raving reviews online.
- I wish the canvas art would come with two hangers, instead of one, to keep it hanging straight all the time.
- iCanvas has a lot of great reviews about their customer service and the quality of their prints, but there’s not a lot of reviews for specific artwork or designs yet (like Etsy or Amazon does).
Ends December 6, 2020
@ 11:59PM (PST)
Wall Art Sold Online:
Inspirational/motivational framed and unframed canvas art.
Inktuitive is a website founded in the United States and they have a well-earned reputation for having affordable, high-quality, and INSPIRING canvas art.
Inktuitive is a curated website that showcases the most popular art that is meant to motivate you to become a success at whatever you’re trying to achieve! You’ll find amazing collections in themes such as motivation, money, power, and more!
This affordable art site has a global network of manufacturers located in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK, Spain, and Australia.
And, the best part?
Most orders are shipped for free worldwide!
- I love what they stand for. They have an art collection that will inspire you to keep fighting to achieve your goals.
- You’ll usually find discounts on Inktuitive, but most of the artwork is already very affordable to begin with ($$ – $$$).
- They offer FREE standard shipping on every order worldwide!
- Inktuitive customer support is also very helpful. Check out Inktuitive’s positive customer reviews (opens in new window).
- There’s not a lot of variety on Inktuitive. In November 2020, there were only 149 designs to choose from. However, they keep adding more, so stay tuned!
Wall Art Sold Online:
Framed and unframed prints, wall hangings, posters, canvas art, metal prints, wood wall art, and more!
Very similar to Redbubble, Society6 offers a variety of affordable prints and over 60 different products designed by emerging artists from all over the world.
This place also offers furniture, home decor, pillows, bedding, bath accessories, phone cases, laptop sleeves, laptop skins, stickers, stationery, clothes, mugs, coasters, bags, and so much more!
One key thing I want to mention is that I find that Society6, compared to Redbubble, has a more mature demographic.
- I don’t know why or how they did it, but I find the designs on Society6 to be extra remarkable. They’re really attracting some incredibly talented artists.
- Society6 sets the prices for most of the wall art, but most of the artwork is very affordable ($ – $$$).
- You can read reviews on the website. You can find out what other shoppers think of Society6’s products. They’ve also begun allowing people to review specific designs.
- Society6 is responsible for international shipping and their customer service team is known to be one of the best and kindest teams out there (and I agree).
- If your order is to be delivered outside of the United States, you might be waiting a while. International shipping usually takes 1-3 weeks, but I’ve read reviews where customers said that they had to wait up to 5 weeks to receive their order.
Wall Art Sold Online:
Framed and unframed limited edition prints, canvas art, children’s art (from nursery to teen), photography, and over 60 different stationery and invitations printed with the artists’ designs.
Founded in the United States, Minted known for its beautifully designed invitations and stationery, but they also offer wall art as well!
Minted is one of the most interesting American companies I’ve come across in awhile.
One of the most interesting aspects of this website is that they hold regular design contests that are open for ANYONE to submit their work. And then anyone, INCLUDING YOU, can act as a judge and rate the artists’ submissions on Minted (opens in new window)!
Minted is basically using consumer votes to help predict the next best-seller!
Not only do winning artists win a cash prize, but then they keep earning royalties from the sales of their designs on Minted.com.
- I love their curated/crowdsourcing business model. The consumers decide which designs are featured on Minted.com! How cool is that?
- I love that they have a page with a list of all their active coupon codes. I especially love the FREE shipping and returns (this specific promotion is for within the United States only).
- You can buy original artwork made just for you, starting at $79 US!
- You can text a photo of your wall
- Minted is in charge of manufacturing, shipping, and customer service.
- Their website can be a little glitchy at times, especially while making invitations.
8. Saatchi Art
Wall Art Sold Online:
Original paintings, photography, drawings, sculptures, limited edition prints, and more!
About Saatchi Art
The last place I want to talk about is another American-based business, Saatchi Art.
In an effort to duplicate the experience and culture of a traditional gallery, all pieces are viewed and categorized by the Saatchi Art’s curators.
These curators also look out for pieces that are particularly remarkable and worth featuring in their catalog.
This website focuses on paintings, limited editions, and other original art from artists worldwide.
Saatchi Art also offers a FREE beginner-friendly advisory service (opens in new window) to help people interested in investing in art.
- They feature a lot of emerging artists that come from all around the world.
- Compared to traditional galleries, the prices are fairly low and the shipping cost is already included in the price of the artwork.
- Professionally curated, I think they’re one of the easiest and most convenient places to invest in art and start a collection. And they’re very helpful to beginner collectors.
- I love that Saatchi Art has a FREE advisory service (opens in new window), which helps you pick out the perfect piece for your space and personality.
- Compared to the other places mentioned in this article, the prices are much higher ($$$-$$$$). But, if you want to buy art as an investment, this is definitely the place to go.
- They offer excellent customer service, but shipping is the artists’ responsibility. This is a little problematic because Saatchi Art doesn’t have an online review system where customers can review specific artists on their customer service.
I’ve never bought anything from Artfinder and 20×200 yet, but just like the websites mentioned on this page, these places are rising in popularity.
So, I’ll definitely be looking at reviewing Artfinder and 20×200 someday (hopefully sooner than later).
Artfinder(opens in new window) was founded in 2011 and its headquarters are in the UK and the United States. They offer original paintings, sculptures, fine art prints, drawings, and photography directly from independent artists around the world.
20×200(opens in new window) was founded in 2007 in the United States. They offer limited edition prints by emerging, established, and legendary artists.
Here’s a quick recap of my top-10 list of best websites to buy art:
If you’re looking to buy unique art directly from artists from around the world, I would definitely check out Etsy(opens in new window) or Amazon Handmade(opens in new window). These are also the perfect places to buy customized gifts for those who seem to have everything.
When it comes to buying canvas or framed prints, I really like iCanvas(opens in new window) because the prices are just so amazing and it’s hard to beat their free shipping service in the United States.
For your office or if you need inspirational wall art, I would head over to Inktuitive(opens in new window). Plus, this place has free shipping worldwide! How can you beat that?!!
Another website I’ve recently been visiting to buy prints is Minted(opens in new window). This place a little more expensive, but the quality is excellent and they’re all limited editions (which increases the value of the artwork).
For the rest of the artwork I buy, including imprinted items like t-shirts, hoodies, phone cases, stickers, and face masks, I definitely choose Society6(opens in new window) and Redbubble(opens in new window).
I don’t see much of a difference between Society6 and Redbubble, except that Redbubble seems to have a younger demographic, and Society6 has a more mature demographic. But I’ll usually search both sites until I find the artwork I want, and I’ll go from there.
Since it’s a bit more expensive on Saatchi Art(opens in new window), I only purchase art from this website when I’m buying art online as an investment. The prices are more expensive than the other places mentioned above, but it’s much cheaper than regular brick and mortar art galleries.
So go ahead and buy art online, support independent artists, and (most importantly) HAVE FUN shopping!
I’ve been obsessed with collecting affordable wall art and other types of artwork for over 12 years.
I also spent 10+ years researching thousands of customer reviews about different products and services from the trendiest and most affordable art sites.
So, I finally decided to combine my research and my own personal shopping experience to make this “Top 10” list of best websites to buy affordable artwork online.