Do you want to buy affordable paintings for your home or office?
Then you’re definitely in the right place!
Below is a list of the 5 best sites to buy paintings!
This list is for people who want to buy paintings online from all over the world, no matter where you live! So, it doesn’t matter if you live in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, or wherever!
Please Note: The art sites below are not listed in any particular order.
Etsy is an American-based company. This place provides a fun way for people to buy vintage and homemade products online from around the world.
Not only will you find a variety of inexpensive paintings from artists worldwide, but you’ll also find handmade and vintage jewelry & accessories, clothing, home décor, and so much more!
This site is definitely worth checking out, especially if you’re looking for something truly unique.
- You can buy paintings directly from independent artists worldwide!
- They have an amazing online review system. You can read about the quality of the paintings sold and people’s shopping experiences with specific sellers.
- This place has a lot of inexpensive paintings ($$ – $$$).
- Etsy’s customer support is also very reliable, and ready to help if a dispute happens between a seller and buyer.
- Not all sellers ship internationally.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold by a new seller, there won’t be any reviews about the seller and the quality of paintings.
2. Saatchi Art
About Saatchi Art
One of the most popular places to buy paintings online is another American-based business, Saatchi Art.
In an effort to duplicate the experience and culture of a traditional gallery, all paintings are viewed and categorized by Saatchi Art’s curators.
These curators also look out for paintings that are particularly remarkable and worth featuring in their catalog.
This website focuses on paintings, limited editions, and other original art from artists worldwide.
Saatchi Art also offers a FREE beginner-friendly advisory service (opens in new window) to help people interested in investing in art.
- They feature a lot of emerging artists that come from all around the world.
- Compared to traditional galleries, the prices are fairly low and the shipping cost is already included in the price of the paintings.
- Professionally curated, I think they’re one of the easiest and most convenient places to invest in art and start a collection. And they’re very helpful to beginner collectors.
- I love that Saatchi Art has a FREE advisory service (opens in new window), which helps you pick out the perfect paintings for your space and personality.
- Compared to the other places mentioned in this article, the prices are much higher ($$$-$$$$). But, if you want to buy paintings as an investment, this is definitely the place to go.
- They offer excellent customer service, but shipping is the artists’ responsibility. This is a little problematic because Saatchi Art doesn’t have an online review system where customers can review specific artists on their customer service.
3. Amazon Handmade
About Amazon Handmade
Very similar to Etsy, Amazon Handmade (by Amazon.com) is an online department where artists can sell their paintings.
But this place sells more than just paintings. You can also find handcrafted jewelry, home décor, kitchen accessories, clothing, accessories, a handmade gift shop, and so much more!
You can also order art that is “fulfilled by Amazon“. This means that instead of buying directly from artists, Amazon will be responsible for shipping the paintings and the customer service.
- Similar to Etsy, you can buy paintings directly from independent artists worldwide. But I also like the option to buy paitnings that are fulfilled by Amazon (a very trusted company).
- This place is also known for its amazing online review system, so even if you order directly from an artist, you’ll know what you’re getting into.
- You’ll find a variety of prices, but most of the paintings are very low-priced ($$ – $$$).
- Most artists ship worldwide.
- Amazon’s customer support is amazing!
- Since this department is still somewhat new, they don’t have as a lot of paintings for sale compared to Etsy.
- When you find something you really like, but it’s being sold directly by a new artist without reviews, it’s hard to trust that you’ll get a high-quality painting with good customer service.
Founded in the United States, Minted known for its beautifully designed invitations and stationery.
But, if you’re looking to buy original paintings, then you can also get an original, commissioned painting made by a Minted artist. You can either ask to get a completely new piece of art or use an already existing piece as inspiration.
Here’s how to get a painting made just for you!
- Choose an artist who’s available from this list.
- Click “Request Commissioned Art”.
- Complete a short form.
- Once you and the artist agree on a price, Minted.com will collect a down payment, which is 50% of the price.
- Once you approve the final image of the painting, you pay the other 50% of the price. The artist will then insure and ship the original painting to you.
- I love that they have a page with a list of all their active coupon codes. I especially love the FREE shipping and returns (this specific promotion is for within the United States only).
- You can buy original artwork made just for you, starting at $79 US!
- You can text a photo of your wall
- Minted is in charge of manufacturing, shipping, and customer service.
- I can’t think of anything at the moment!
And, last but not least, I want to mention Artfinder.
I’ve never bought a painting from Artfinder yet, but just like the other websites mentioned on this page, this place is rising in popularity.
So, I’ll definitely be looking at reviewing Artfinder someday (hopefully sooner than later).
Artfinder(opens in new window) was founded in 2011 and its headquarters are in the UK and the United States. They offer original paintings, sculptures, fine art prints, drawings, and photography directly from independent artists around the world.
Here’s a quick recap of my top-5 list of best websites to buy paintings:
If you’re looking to buy inexpensive paintings directly from artists from around the world, I would definitely check out Etsy(opens in new window) or Amazon Handmade(opens in new window). These are also the perfect places to buy customized gifts for those who seem to have everything.
Since it’s a bit more expensive on Saatchi Art(opens in new window), I only purchase paintings from this website when I’m buying art as an investment. The prices are more expensive than the other places mentioned above, but it’s much cheaper than regular brick and mortar art galleries.
Another website I’ve recently been visiting to buy paintings is Minted(opens in new window). This place a little more expensive, than Etsy and Amazon Handmade, but the paintings are commissioned (made just for you) by a Minted artist.
So go ahead and buy paintings online, support independent artists, and (most importantly) HAVE FUN shopping!
I’ve been obsessed with collecting affordable paintings and other types of artwork for over 12 years.
I also spent 10+ years researching thousands of customer reviews about different products and services from the trendiest and most affordable art sites.
So, I finally decided to combine my research and my own personal shopping experience to make this “Top 5” list of best websites to buy affordable paintings online.